5.28.2011

Let Me Introduce You to Some Friends

Mark and I had about 24 hours during our trip to spend in Knoxville with our friends - much too short a time. We managed to see most of our old small group, thanks to Marta and Evan opening up their home on the night we'd be in town. Marta cooks these AMAZING sandwiches so we had dinner and fellowship, seeing people who mean so much to us. For a little while, it felt like we never left.


I hope everyone has a Marta. This is my "Marta"...she's the original, which basically means she's the best. And those are her kids, Kate and Andrew. Andrew, who is awesome, is busy eating salad. More on Kate in a second.


Leslie, me, and Jen Rayner {who I just call "Rayner"...this is necessary when there are seven people in your life named Jennifer}. Rayner just got a new job in Arlington, Virginia and Mark and I have told her on numerous occasions we'll be moving into her spare bedroom. She laughs but I don't think she believes us.


Me, Teagan, and Tiff. Tiff came out to Portland in March so she may look familiar. I love both these girls. They are such pillars of support for me and I'm proud to call them "friend".


And then there is Kate, who I have babysat and loved on since she was about 6-months old. She just turned four. On our way to Knoxville she called and asked if we could wash the car when I got there. We used to wash my car when I babysat - it's an excellent way to pass the time, keep little hands busy, and as a bonus, my car got cleaned at least once a month. Triple-whammy!

This trip the kid was like white on rice. I got lots of hugs, I miss you's, and I love you's. It was so sweet. She's a special little girl. There was a message on my voicemail after we left and were about to fly back to Portland. It was from Kate and said "Tracy, I miss you and I know that because I'm crying." Boy, if that just doesn't make you feel horrible, I don't know what will. Broke my heart. But we'll plan another trip soon!

Thank you friends! Miss you guys.

3 comments:

Teagan said...

miss you too Tracy! honored to have made the blog :)

Evan and Marta said...

Aw, thanks Tracy. What a sweet tribute to me and my family. It's not the same around here without you. :o(

Angela said...

So sad I missed seeing you and Mark. Next time I may hold you captive from everyone to make up for lost time. :)