Around the end of February I had an "It rains all the time. I want my mommy" meltdown and requested a trip home. I wanted to go immediately; Mark wanted to wait until summer...so we compromised and planned our trip for mid-May. And it was lovely. And hot. And humid. I hate to say, I actually missed Oregon's weather slightly...but only very slightly. What I really missed was my non-humid hair. Seriously, it wasn't pretty.
We divided our time home between Nashville, Huntsville, and Knoxville {We drove what I like to now call the Pollock-Campbell Triangle} and because I think my nephew Jack is the most adorable and brilliant 2-year old in existence, I will start with some pictures of him...
He recently got a new toy car. Jack loves cars. It's a serious and deep love. He also loves to be outside. I can only assume this was like nirvana for him....

And so Mark and I pushed him around outside for over an hour...


Running all over the place...


And racing around the yard...

He thought it was great fun...


But eventually I couldn't take it anymore...


Jack wasn't amused that I no longer had the energy to push him around. But seriously little dude. It's 90 degrees out and your Auntie Tracy has been living in a 55-degree world. Cut her some slack. She melted.


So he switched cars and waited for us to regain our strength...


And waited...


And waited some more...


Don't worry. Eventually someone came to his rescue.
3 comments:
Totally hilarious. Miss you. Mom
OK, this is adorable and so funny!!
I totally know what you mean about humid hair. I joke that when I go back to visit my parents that my hair actually is big enough to still be in California even if my body is in Illinois.
He really is adorable. :)
Post a Comment