5.15.2011

60 in 60, Take 14

#14, Triple Falls, Columbia River Gorge (05/14/11)
On Saturday afternoon, Mark and I headed into the Gorge for a quick, 5-mile hike to Triple Falls. We hiked part of this trail years ago but needed to finish it so I could check it off my list.

Spring has finally arrived in Portland, which means that the handful of deciduous trees are no longer without their leaves. I thought this part of the country was already green but apparently I had no idea. The place has gone neon. And speaking of spring, it's still raining and in the 50's, which basically means this season feels a lot like the previous one. I think the seasons in this part of the country work on a timer, not on the weather.


There are three waterfalls on this hike, the second being "ponytail fall". See a resemblance?


1 comment:

Things to Do said...

I'm bummed it is still green up there. The green is quickly disappearing here and we're going to all gold and brown soon. :(