Since gas is nearing 3.99/gallon, we kept it local last Saturday and hiked around Tryon Creek State Park, which is less than six miles from our apartment. Normally I wouldn't consider the trails in this park worthy of the word "hike"...they are more along the lines of "leisurely stroll". However I was so doped up on antihistamines that even the tiniest of hills required a ridiculous amount of energy. Therefore, last Saturday, we "hiked" three miles through the woods surrounded by blooming trillium. And it didn't rain. Then I came home and took a nap.


A self-portrait. What you can't tell is I'm running a slight fever, am about to start sleep-hiking, and can't breathe through my nose. But at least I'm not in a raincoat.
3 comments:
that is a very pretty picture of you!
What a great picture, you totally don't look sick. Which is awesome. Usually I look like death when I'm sick.
I LOVE this picture of you. Please send your mom a 5x8 of it in color.
Post a Comment