Friday was glorious! It was only the third day since the New Year where the skies were clear from sunrise to sunset. I did my work for Friday early in the week so I could take the day off and play outside. Since every volcano is still covered in 12-feet of snow, we went back to the Gorge for 6.4 miles of bottom-toning, thigh-busting, sun shining goodness.
I've never been one to just take the "difficult" trail. The Gorge is my gym. Hear me roar!



Two notes:
1. This hiking outfit is partially brought to you by my friend Adrianna {Ευχαριστώ for my map shirt!}
2. I realize 2,480 feet sounds a bit pathetic, but seriously people, it was a rough climb! If it helps, we started close to sea-level.
From the top we could see Table Mountain, and just to the right of that, Mt Adams. Mt Adams is camouflaged as a very large, very white cloud. And Table Mountain, which is one of the steepest climbs around, is in our hiking book as well. And I would be lying if I said it didn't look a bit intimidating.
After coming out of the Gorge, we went to Apizza Scholls and I ate my entire weight in cheesy yum. Calories out...calories back in. Good day!
2 comments:
Way to take the more difficult trail. I'm pretty sure I would have given up at 10 ft. That's all the higher I need to go! Great shots.
um, I think 2480 feet sounds like plenty, thank you. Great shirt :)
Post a Comment