Today we ran across our first "movie set" {I use this term loosely since this was just a car sitting on a cliff near the ocean}. I read somewhere that when the movie industry needs a film location, it heads to the Pacific Northwest. We have waterfalls, creepy lodges, and towns that are willing to dress up like Alaska. Makes sense I guess.
They were filming Blue Like Jazz, which was a book I read last year and really enjoyed. The main actor is a guy from True Blood, a TV show I've never watched. I had to google him when we got home. That's him leaning against the car. They hooked those massive sprinklers up to a fire truck to create "rain". Usually people who live here are trying to escape the rain, not generate it. I was actually hoping they were going to light the car on fire and send it rolling off the cliff. No such luck.
In other news, yesterday was Mark's 34th birthday. Happy birthday to my lovable, huggable, buggable Mark.
2 comments:
did you meet donald miller? oh, that's right, you guys are bffs.
you're lying. he is not 34. he looks very much younger than that!!! happy 26th Mark!!
Post a Comment