11.23.2010

Around Town

We took a historical architectural tour the first morning we were in Chicago, which was insanely informative, yet insanely cold at the same time. Before my brain froze, I retained this: those large windows pictured below, the one's on the second floor, are actually called Chicago-style windows. This was the city that invented the skyscraper after all, so it's nice to know they at least have a window named after them. They're perfect for letting in gobs of light and letting air circulate. But more than that, they're pretty and I like them.

We learned a lot more about Chicago's architecture than just that little window nugget, but it's really all I remember. Rest assured however that if you sit with Mark for awhile, he can tell you everything I've forgotten in incredible detail. For the rest of the trip, he will be refered to as "The boring Professor"

On our other morning in Chicago we walked toward the Navy Pier/Lake Michigan where we found evidence of a love story gone bad. Washed up on shore were numerous little paper boats with what appeared to be diary-like entries of unreturned affection. We're hoping this all turned out okay, like when you put your troubles into a balloon and let them float away. We can only hope our boat-maker romeo has found a more perfect fit than his office mate/lady friend.

And that was Chicago. Let's move west shall we...

2 comments:

Things to Do said...

I'm kind of in love with the pictures you took of the building with the cab in front and the one of the curving El. Sounds like an amazing trip. And the good news, at least it wasn't snowing. :)

Angela said...

Mark is cracking me up in these pictures!