Mark and I were in the lovely PDX over the past four days, a city that we grew to love {our opinions may be a bit obscured by the fact it was sunny those four days instead of the usual forecast of rain, rain, and more rain}...and one morning was spent at the Farmer's Market. I would seriously move to Portland just for the Farmer's Market. That town exists in some bizarre agricultural vortex where strawberries and pumpkins can both be perfectly in season at the same time. They have smaller markets everyday, not just the weekends, but this particular Saturday market stays going until Christmas. I left with fingers stained purple from an entire carton of blackberries, which were still covered in a bit of earth, but I didn't care. They were delicious. When I said I'd move to Portland just for the Farmer's Market, what I meant was I'd move to Portland just to eat blackberries every day until January...and strawberries, and raspberries. I'm a berry girl.
So beware, this post is a bit heavy on the fruits and vegetables, but seriously...yum.


Tomatoes were the only piece of produce where they seemed to falter - they still had some, but they just didn't have quite the same look as those back home. I guess it's good the South can stake claim to at least one fruit & veggie. But other than that, Portland has us all beat.
3 comments:
Beautiful pics, TP!! You are really good!! The "I'm a Beet..." made me laugh because I started singing "Imma Be" by the Black Eyed Peas.
Really great pictures. I Must. Get. Lens.
Love the pictures - hope I get to visit the Northwest coast someday. Are those mushrooms in the pic, under the berries?
To have a farmer's market in TN like that..Granddad would never have to plant a garden. GM
Post a Comment