7.26.2010

I Can See

Today I was given a wonderful gift I never knew I needed - clear vision! When I went to the eye doctor last week for my "Sorry it's been five years since I last walked through those doors" check-up, I thought he was just trying to make a little extra money telling me I needed glasses. I mean seriously, isn't it a little suspicious when your eye doctor also sells frames and lenses? With the exception of a little depth perception problem, I thought I had perfect vision. But I took the bait anyway and got my first official pair of glasses {I was prescribed some glasses ten years ago but lost those within a month. They looked ridiculous anyway.}

But wow! I never knew the world could look so crisp. So vibrant. So un-fuzzy. I was so amazed on my drive home that I almost slammed into the back of a car - a very crisp car with a perfectly legible license plate.


I'll be turning 30 in two weeks and on that unavoidable list of body parts that aren't 14 anymore, my eyes were the first to go. I can only assume that fancy new hip and some pearly dentures aren't too far off in my future.

4 comments:

Dana said...

this picture is just too adorable! :)

LilsMom said...

I love the new specs - you look very studious! Be thankful you made it halfway to 60 without needing them ;)

Evan and Marta said...

You're crazy.
And I too love that picture. :)

lottie said...

You look very sophis' miss anka! me likes... though i doubt you will keep them on... i was conned similarly before i went to south america and the world became clearer than ever before until the fantasy fizzled out (2 hours later) and I opted to return to my usual habits of hailing buses I don't want to get on cos I can't read the numbers.... xx