7.12.2010

Antico, Bodies, and the Dark

In spite of an incredibly stressful, slightly high-profile project I have due in a week, Mark and I took to the road this weekend, visiting our friend's Patricia and Bob in Atlanta. They enticed us with stories of delicious, reasonably priced pizza. How could I resist? We spent Saturday in downtown, going to both the Bodies exhibit* and Dialog in the Dark**, which was all followed by a Neapolitan pizza feast at Antico's. All fantastic. All highly recommended.

My camera spent most of the trip tucked away in my luggage, with the exception of dinner at Antico's. This is all I have. Love the guy sitting behind us in that first picture!


* Pete, I recommend this exhibit to everyone but you. You would most surely pass out. When the lady at the end asked how I liked it, I told her I was impressed I didn't throw up. I'm afraid you wouldn't be as lucky.

** The Dialog in the Dark exhibit takes away your sense of sight, completely. No masks. No light creeping in from a crack in the wall. No cell phones or watches. It's absolute darkness. And for one hour you attempt to navigate your way through different scenarios (parks, grocery stores, etc) with the help of a cane and a blind or visually impaired guide. It's all monitored with infrared cameras, which must be hilarious. Overall we managed pretty well, with the exception of getting lost and grabbing a pineapple of course.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I also love the guy smiling in your pic! too funny!

LilsMom said...

Saw the Bodies exhibit a few years ago in Chicago and it was truly amazing!