Let me preface this post by saying God has blessed me far more than I deserve, and right when I found myself wallowing in post-vacation blues, He picked me up again; way up. I've been marveling at this all week, because while blog posts were going up about Greece and Turkey, I flew to DC for a few meetings. The first was here:
On Tuesday, I was awarded a contract to create five maps for NPR for an upcoming series on the Grand Trunk Road. Since I was going to be in DC for a conference, we arranged to meet and discuss the project in person. While I didn't see Ira Glass or Diane Rehm, I was still incredibly star-struck...And naturally, when given a little free time in DC without the husband's supervision, I can't help but gravitate toward Georgetown and my absolute favorite store, Paper Source, where I spent a bit too much money...but I can't help it. I'm mad for paper. Oh, and there was a conference squeezed into all this nuttiness, along with one crazed Bread and Puppets show, but no one needs to hear about a bunch of geographers/accordion players running about.
Now I'm home and should stay grounded for awhile; mapping myself into a frizzled state. Since March, I've traveled to Portland, Greece, DC...15 flights total. My carbon footprint for 2010 is officially kaput.
3 comments:
should you ever find yourself wandering the streets of buenos aires remind me to remind you of a superb paper shop in palermo district. i spend a lot of money there also... then lost my poster tube which was protecting it all at a hotel a few thousands miles west in chile, went back to retrieve it ( very nice hostel for keeping it) and finally lost it again in cuba. didn't attempt to retrieve but thought if it should end up somewhere else then there was a good place. enough of my ramblings.
You are indeed very blessed and it couldnt happen to a nicer chick! BTW geez all this travel you should buy some carbon offsets....wow we're hippies...
p.s. that paper source website is amazing! They have the M-cups I wanted for Christmas!
Post a Comment