I can say with absolute certainty that flying to the West Coast and back in one day is never, under any circumstances, a good idea. Unless you live in Colorado maybe, but not Tennessee. On Thursday I had an interview with the State Department of Geology (the reason for this 28 hour insanity trip) so was there and back in record time; and then needed two days to recover.
The entire time Mark and I were in Oregon last October, we never saw the top of Mt Hood. We went so far as to camp at her base, but she still wouldn't revealed herself. I never actually saw her from the ground this trip either, but she was spectacular from the plane.
The entire time Mark and I were in Oregon last October, we never saw the top of Mt Hood. We went so far as to camp at her base, but she still wouldn't revealed herself. I never actually saw her from the ground this trip either, but she was spectacular from the plane.
I had several hours before and after my interview to explore the city, and in the evening drove to the entrance of the Columbia River Gorge. And just when I started feeling really tired (at 7 o'clock Pacific Time), God gave me a little present:For someone who's closest IKEA is in Atlanta, passing one unexpectedly is like finding a $20 bill on the sidewalk. It completely re-energized me and I spent an hour wondering how I could get a bedside table into the overhead compartment. Then I got to this section of the store...

...and the trip was no longer fun. All I wanted to do was go to bed.
Things Tracy is capable of after being awake for too long:
1) Walking into the men's restroom at Chicago O'Hare,
2) Leaving Mark's souvenir at the airport accidentally (if anyone frequents Gate C8 soon, let me know),
3) Leaving her jump drive plugged into a computer in Portland,
4) Briefly losing her car keys (in complete honesty, this can happen after a full night's rest and often does),
5) Forgetting it's against the law, and pumping her own gas in Oregon. The horror!
5) Almost going wacko, screaming "LET ME OFF THE PLANE!" and knocking people over once back in Knoxville.
Special thanks to the State of Oregon for the free trip. As always, it was lovely.

3 comments:
This one had me laughing out loud! Poor Tracy, I felt so bad for you on Thursday!! Beautiful pictures. I would have loved to see you at the airport...and at which point did you realize you had gone into the wrong restroom? lol
At least you got to go to IKEA.
awesome photos!
I've only been to Portland once, and it was a whirlwind trip also.
Post a Comment