I'm enrolled in a photography class through UT's non-credit program, and Saturday was the first of two field trips. The class met in Cades Cove (GSMNP) at 8 a.m. Brisk and early. This was my first trip to Cades Cove in years. The last time I went, I swore I'd never return. While Cades Cove can be beautiful, it can also be a traffic nightmare. An eleven-mile loop filled with tourists who never vacate their cars, blocking traffic for hours to look at some fairly mundane wildlife, is not my idea of a relaxing getaway in the mountains. Thankfully however, on this particular morning, I persevered.
We had three stops in the Cove, each with multiple assignments. Here are some of my better shots from the day.





Many thanks to my friend Marta, who has entrusted me with her DSLR camera for two months. Without it, I wouldn't be able to take the course. Although I love my little Canon, it wouldn't have made the cut for this class. I predict some delicious Hard Knox Pizza in Marta's future, as a sign of gratitude. Thank you.
4 comments:
looking good, tp!
great water shots!
These are great pictures. The ice makes everything look so cool. I'm so glad you're enjoying the class.
(Pizza you say?...)
These pics are awesome, Tracy!! I've always wanted to take a photography class. I should have signed up with you! Let me know how you like the one at UT. I may need to check it out.
Beautiful photos!
Post a Comment