I'm clueless as to how I'm going to organize the next several posts (14 days, numerous locations, 600+ photos), so while I sort it all out, I decided to go ahead and start with one of our funnest moments... Number 15 on 30 Before 30: the Zipline.
Mark and I signed up for a ziplining course at the Out-n-About Treesort near Cave Junction, OR (more on this fantastic find later). We were taught the basics (stopping being the most important lesson) and sent on three separate lines...
Here we are in our gear, looking ever so fetching.

And here's me, 50 feet off the ground standing on a small branch (those bulky gloves weren't exactly helping). The second line sends you through some trees before placing you on a very small platform 50 feet up, where you must then climb down several branches so they can strap your harness to the 3rd zipline and send you to the nice, safe ground below. They conveniently forgot to mention this part of the course at the beginning...
And naturally, we caught some of the action on video. Mark on the first line, me on the second, and then Mark enjoying the 60 ft Tarzan Swing (I passed. The "free-fall" feeling isn't my thing). Apparently there are only two Tarzan Swings in the world. The other is in South Africa and has an 800 ft drop. Now that's just nuts.
Fun Fact: Oregon has NO sales tax!
3 comments:
Watching that about gave me a panic attack!! You are so brave!
This looks awesome!! (My word verification to post this comment was "cables". Hmmm. That's appropriate.)
ziplining is noisy. I don't think I expected it to be. In fact, I'm not sure what I expected, but that a surprise!
Looks fun!
Post a Comment