9.16.2009

30 before 30

As I begin to exit out of my twenties and enter another decade, there are a few things I want to accomplish. I've compiled a list of 30 things I hope to do before turning 30 next August. I'm officially the worst at follow-through, so hopefully by writing them down I'll be more likely to knock off a few. I have less than a year to complete these tasks. I better get started.

1. Make a really big life decision (completed 9.21.09)
2. Add another stamp to my passport (completed 3.28.10)
3. Go camping (completed 10.01.09)
4. Take a photography class (completed 3.24.10)
5. Learn to make a Neapolitan pizza (completed 03.08.10)
6. See the Moonbow (completed 6.26.10)
7. Hike the Mt Cammerer Trail, GSMNP (completed 5.22.10)
8. See a movie at the Tennessee Theatre (completed 7.16.10)
9. Start a retirement savings account
10. Jump at Sky High (completed 10.06.09)
11. Beat my time on last year's 5K (completed 07.04.10)
12. Paint a picture
13. Finally learn the difference between 'effect' and 'affect'
14. Create a Flash animation
15. Zipline (completed 09.28.09)
16. Make a cartogram (completed 12.16.09)
17. Ride a 2-seater bike
18. Buy a really fantastic black dress
19. Read at least 2 non-travel related books (completed 04.15.10)
20. Go to the top of the Sunsphere (completed 01.02.10)
21. Attend an interesting lecture (completed 05.14.10)
22. Picnic (old-style)
23. Learn something completely new
24. Go to the beach (completed 09.26.09 and 06.12.10)
25. Bike around Cade's Cove (completed 05.08.10)
26. Go on a mission trip
27. Skydive
28. Do an act of service (completed 01.04.09)
29. Win a game of Settler's of Catan (completed 12.26.09)
30. Celebrate the big 3-0 in Chicago

Credit: I learned about the "30 Before 30" list idea from one of my favorite blogs. I thought it was too fantastic an idea for me not to participate. Plus it forces me to spend my time with a bit more planning and purpose (something I'm a bit dismal at).

4 comments:

Dana said...

I hope that you use a strike through method to modify your goal list and post when you do each thing! :) I am excited about this for you! I wish I had thought of it!

lindsay anne said...

I can help you with: 3, 12, 13, 15, 18, 23, and 27*.

*I am skydiving in November (it's an overnight camping trip), in Janaury, and probably again in April.

Sam, Adrianna, Zoe, Penny, & June said...

number 2 number 2!!

lottie said...

am i stupid or just british? or both?! i don't know what half these things are on your list. i reckon you just made them all up. that way you don't actually have to do them. on a serious note however...

29. win settlers of catan... oddly this is the only game i nearly always win. not quite sure why but can give you tips. don't play with me though. may whip your arse i'm afraid. mwahaahaha!

i'm voting you should do 27. skydive. and 2. come on holiday with us. somewhere sunny. it's raining here. grr.