My standard 'congratulations blah blah blah' letter where he tells me to make the world a better place and contact him if he can be of any assistance (Be of assistance? Is he going to get me a job? Cook me bean-pork skillet while Mark's out of town (thanks Marta!)? Clean my kitchen?).
Unfortunately I couldn't find the picture from our first meeting, but one does exist. He came to visit the geography department and got a tour of the cartography lab. There's a fantastic picture of me looking at him like "Yeah right...I seriously doubt you're going to solve any of our problems." It's really quite priceless; a shame I've misplaced it.So, were I ever to vote for you again Mr. Duncan, you're congratulatory letter should have read something more like this:
Dear Tracy:
Congratulations on your recent graduation and that internship at National Geographic you told me about. It was a pleasure having you and your family come visit my office several months ago. And please tell your husband Mark hello for me. It was rude of me not to say hello when I saw him on the plane from Knoxville to DC in June.
Also, I'd like to extend my sincerest apologies for not getting you a tour of the White House during your time in DC - especially since you put your request in so far in advance. To make up for this horrible mistake, I'll secure you dinner with the President next time you're in town.
Yours Truly,
John Duncan
But alas...3 strikes - you're out! Sorry Mr. Duncan.
3 comments:
Ok this was the funniest thing I have read in AGES!
Very cute and entertaining!
Aunt Paulette
Great! I believe that I will forward it to Duncan.
dad
Post a Comment