Because we weren't able to properly celebrate Mark's birthday on Thursday, I gave him complete control over how we spent our Saturday, with no complaining from me. So, of course, we bundled up this morning and headed off to the Udvar-Hazy Center near Dulles Airport. This center, which is part of the Smithsonian, is in a large hangar and holds thousands of aviation and space artifacts. Um, snore.
Before I post a few pictures from our day, there is something I should share: I think museums are the most boring places on earth. Any interest I might have had in them was sucked out of me as a kid when I was forced to spend a very long day at the Air and Space Museum in Dayton, Ohio. Mark is the complete opposite. He reads every sign and joins every random tour group that crosses his path. Any time we get separated, I just need to look for a large group of people being led around by a museum curator.
So here are a few pictures from our six hour trek through the Udvar-Hazy. Mark thoroughly enjoyed this museum and I didn't complain once. Remarkable.
Before I post a few pictures from our day, there is something I should share: I think museums are the most boring places on earth. Any interest I might have had in them was sucked out of me as a kid when I was forced to spend a very long day at the Air and Space Museum in Dayton, Ohio. Mark is the complete opposite. He reads every sign and joins every random tour group that crosses his path. Any time we get separated, I just need to look for a large group of people being led around by a museum curator.
So here are a few pictures from our six hour trek through the Udvar-Hazy. Mark thoroughly enjoyed this museum and I didn't complain once. Remarkable.
This place was huge!
And while Mark did this...
...I did this.
And occasionally I posed in front of a plane, at Mark's request.
For 2 blog bucks, name this plane.
And then we left...and went to Wegman's. Wegman's is quite the experience. It's similar to a cross between a Fresh Market, a Kroger's, a restaurant serving anything your heart desires, and a French cheese shop. Mark and I had never seen anything like it.
Hummus anyone?
2 comments:
EW EW! SR-71! I know that one from all my days at Virginia Beach airshows. Matt had more than one t-shirt with this plane on it!
No idea about the plane and like you I lack the will to care! But is that you actually wearing your diamond ring or is that some random reflection of a plane on your wedding band?
Post a Comment